Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog 3


Today was the second team bonding with my soccer team.  This time we went out to a beach house in the North Shore!! So taking a break from the game, I watched as my teammates kicked the ball around our small field.  I realized that the ball was a perfect example of inertia.  The ball travels in motion travels in the same motion unless it is acted upon by an outside net force.  For example, in the beginning one of my teammates cuts the ball back and forth changing the direction of the motion by kicking it in the opposite direction.  Another example of inertia is near the middle of the video when the ball hits the tree and bounces off of it.  So even though I ended up rolling my ankle after joining the game again, its cool to know that I learned something in the process of my misfortune.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you played soccer...hahaha. I don't really care for it because I am sooooo slow at running. But, it looks like you guys were having lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats pretty cool. I didn't know that you played soccer either. Nice application of physics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 5th sentence gave me a headache >.>, sucks for you ankle too though, sorry to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pro soccer player :P. Nice vid! Feel sorry for your ankle :( hope it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete