Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog 4: Work

Kayaking was one of the funnest, althought tiring, things I've ever tried.  I've gone kayaking in the ocean in my dad's fat, plastic kayak before, but ninth grade was the first time I ever sat in a racing kayak (well actually more like fell off since first sitting in those "tippy" things isn't as easy as people make it look).  Anyway once I finally got the hang of just sitting in the kayak, I could actually start trying to paddle...my arms never burned more in my life.  Even though I could see the end of the Ala Wai canal, it seemed like with every stroke I wasn't moving at all.  The work required was too much for my weak arms.  The force I applied, even though it was over the same amount of distance as everyone else, was a lot smaller than theirs, which unfortunately made my work a lot smaller too.  But even though it was a tough sport, kayaking is definitely one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Beast Cara! Nice blog! You can probably kayak a lot better than I can haha.

    ReplyDelete